Sunday, February 21, 2016

February 21: Fishing for Us

This afternoon, many people were out and about around the lake, including several fishermen. From what I've heard, fishing in our lake is frustrating because it is unlikely to get a bite. That being said, I noticed one guy in particular who seemed determined to catch a fish in one area of the lake. I wondered to myself why he didn't give up, how he wasn't bored yet, and why he continued to pursue the same area, and I realized that Jesus references himself as the Fisher of Men. As such, he must have had opportunities to give up on us because of frustration or boredom, but he didn't, and he has called us to not give up on others either. How inspiring and encouraging! We have not been given up on; God is continually pursuing us, no matter how long it takes for us to bite at the line.

No comments:

Post a Comment