Tuesday, January 19, 2016

January 19: Faith of a Mustard Seed

This afternoon, I was walking my dog when another dog came running through the neighbor's yard towards us. I tried to check his tags and get the phone number/address from them, but he continued up the hill and was out of sight pretty quickly. I went up the hill, assuming it was unlikely that I'd see him, but keeping an eye out.

Within a few minutes, a woman in her car slowed and asked if I'd seen her dog. I explained to her that I had and that I would keep looking. I continued up the hill.

Just as I was turning around, she passed back by me again; I notified her that I hadn't seen him, but got her phone number so I could call her if I did. I proceeded to walk home, and as I was approaching my house, I silently prayed for God to send the dog, Charlie, home. My dog, Sadie, and I crossed the street and began to walk down our driveway when she froze and looked back; Charlie was barreling down the hill towards our driveway. I tied Sadie to the tree to get her out of the way and called Charlie over, thanking God for his quick response. I called his owners and soon he was back at his home.

Wow. I'm reminded of the verse that tells us faith as small as a mustard seed can move mountains. I didn't move a mountain today, but God strengthened my belief and trust in Him. We must trust, even if it is only a tiny bit, and he will provide.

No comments:

Post a Comment