Saturday, January 16, 2016

January 16: Open Your Eyes

This morning, I biked past a yard where a tree chipper was working, projecting wood chip dust into the air. Before I’d realized it, I had gone right through the cloud of dust, getting tiny wood pieces in my eye. Fortunately, I was close to home; unfortunately, my eye felt very scratched and contaminated with minuscule wood pieces. 

I did what I could to manage the discomfort, and continued with my day. 


Then, when I was out walking the dog, I said a quick, not really heartfelt prayer; something along the lines of, “Dear God, please heal my eye,” not thinking much of it and continued walking the dog. About 30 minutes later, my eye began to water a lot, but within a few minutes was pain free, feeling completely normal again. Wow! It was a miracle! Thank you, God. I opened my eyes wider, looked around, and saw what a beautiful day it was. Then, straight ahead of me, hanging from a tree branch was the headband that I’d lost and given up looking for last night. Sometimes, God has to cleanse our vision for us to see what’s right in front of us. Often times, we don’t realize what we have until it’s missing; God’s blessings surround us every moment of every day; open your eyes and look around. 

No comments:

Post a Comment