Sunday, November 8, 2015

November 8: The Comparison

I really enjoyed time with my friends last night and this morning. I also enjoyed leading the last confirmation class of the season and helping preschoolers with their choir performance. And as I did all these things, I recognized that for some of us, it what the first time in that given situation, but for others, including me, it was certainly not the first. Basically, I felt old. But then God revealed to me that my sentimentality came from the comparison between the present and the past. If I was looking at today as the first of everything, I would have renewed excitement and zeal for everything I did. Sounds like a pretty enjoyable way of living. What if I treated each day as a new day? First impressions, first experiences...I would certainly be more purposeful in my actions and more appreciative of the everyday blessings. Otherwise, I might get lost in the comparison and miss the divine events passing before me.

No comments:

Post a Comment