It seems as though I've dropped off a little from the world of blogging. Fear not! I'm back.
I was driving this morning in my car-filled pile of leaves through the rain (which has been consistently falling for the past week). Most of the leaves were blowing from my car, while some clung on by just a tip, flapping in the wind and rain. Others were still plastered to the car by a combination of the water and wind. To clarify, the leaves on the rear of the car were blown off pretty quickly; the wind was blowing them in the opposite direction. The leaves on the side of the car were flapping, trying to stay on, but they had no defense from the wind, and most fell off. The leaves on the front stayed put; the wind was pushing them onto the car. I'm a leaf. Sometimes, I find myself pushing against the wind, using my gifts (the car) in the wrong way. Other times, I ignore keep my gifts locked away, just within reach, and hope to withstand whatever forces are pushing me. The third area is where I should be--using my gifts in the way they're meant so that the wind (the Holy Spirit) may push me and make these gifts even more effective.
What side of the car are you riding?
No comments:
Post a Comment