The past few days have been all about perspective.
On Thursday, I had to choose between a positive perspective and a negative one when it came to encouraging success for one of our choir pieces or leaning towards giving up. When it was announced that it was too late to give up, we tried harder, and optimistically learned the entire song.
On Friday, I spoke with my mentor about a "kingdom perspective" versus a "worldly perspective"--seeing things through God's eyes and his plan versus our eyes and selfish plan. After all, what's better: to become a millionaire and live in luxury for several years before suffering in hell for eternity or to live on the bare necessities for a few years in order to spend eternity in paradise?
And today, I sought God's perspective of a college campus and also read James 4 which instructs us to live for God, not the world.
It seems clear to me that the things in this life are temporary. I can rejoice in knowing that I am saved, and going further, use this zeal to lead others towards eternity in heaven.
No comments:
Post a Comment