Wednesday, December 2, 2015

December 2: Reparation

This evening during hand chimes, where I lead a small group of 6-8 year olds, the kindest, gentlest and tiniest girl accidentally rang her chime into the neighboring boy's elbow. He responded with silent tears and a few groans. Immediately, she said "sorry! sorry! I didn't mean to hit you. I'm sorry! Are you ok? It was an accident." He stayed as calm as he could, but clearly was experiencing the sharp pain of a hit to the "funny bone." I advised him to take a break and listen as we play through the song once. He sat down meanwhile the girl picked up his chime in a compassionate manner, doing what should could to make up for her mistake. It was so sweet; I could see her pure desire to repair the damage she'd done, even though it was an accident. This is a perfect example of how God wants us to build His kingdom; any damages in our relationships, like holes in a quilt, must be sewed back together through forgiveness and efforts to repair the damages.

No comments:

Post a Comment